Are you a design superhero?
Weekdone is looking for a multi-talented Product UI Designer / Front End Developer in Tartu, Estonia.
Weekdone is one of the best known Estonian B2B technology startups. We're changing how people set their goals and companies manage their teams and talent. Our web and mobile based weekly and quarterly goal-setting and planning tool is used by hundreds of companies on all continents, from Fortune 500 teams like Whole Foods down to SME's and public sector.
We're very design-driven. We believe design is what differentiates great products. Weekdone is the winner of Slush, Europe's largest tech conference and Gold medal winner of Estonian Design Awards. Last summer we won the best user research project award at Estonian Design Awards. We're backed by top investors from Europe, like KIMA Ventures, Rubylight, and Ahti Heinla from ex Skype/Kazaa.
Who are we looking for?
The Product UI Designer / Front End Developer is responsible for designing and implementing HTML-based product interfaces for our web and mobile apps. You work hand in hand with our Chief Design Officer and Product Manager to come up with elegant UI design solutions to our users' everyday needs and product requirements. You then implement the product UI in HTML/CSS/JS to pass it on to back end engineering. It's up to you to turn our customers into happy and loyal users of the Weekdone product by creating pleasing and lovable user experiences.
Your daily responsibilities will be to:
- turn written product requirements and product management input into initial product sketches, wireframes and prototypes
- create simple, clear and beautiful HTML/CSS product UI
- hand off the UI into actionable to-dos for back end development
- continuously improve the existing product front end UI/UX
- test the user experience of the product on real people
You are probably a good match if you:
- have worked a few years as a UI/HTML/Web Designer, Front End Developer or Product Designer
- have a good visual eye to create your own UI designs
- can articulate and explain your designs well to others
- are always driven by the end-users, not your own ego
- love simple, clear and easy to use products and interfaces
- manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
It would be also great if you:
- love the world of productivity, goal-setting and personal improvement
- love design thinking and user-centered design process
- have created UI/UX for actual functional products used by people, not just static web pages
- have experience with libraries like jQuery and UI frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation etc
- know what are preprocessors like Sass, Less etc
- have used JS frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Ember, React, Vue.js etc
- want to learn and start using any of the above-mentioned tools
- know tools, apps, methods and processes that make design teams efficient (like Agile, LeanUX, Google Sprint etc), and want to implement them
- have been part of or have founded a startup (doesn't matter if it was a "learning experience") or participated in a weekend hackathon like Garage48
- have created some hobby projects or websites
- know what we mean by segmented button group overflow action menu dropdown
- can explain why the color green is better than red, and why stacked bar charts are good for comparing between each element in the categories, and comparing elements across categories
- have installed more than 100 apps on your phone or signed up to more than 50 online services — knowing the popular user flows and trends, notice cool things and just like to keep yourself up to date of what's out there and possible
- die a little inside when you see bad design and user experience, and have 5 ways to improve anything
Weekdone will offer you the best startup environment:
- Very design-driven work environment
- Opportunity to have world's best companies as users of your design and UI
- Chance to improve yourself and the world via impactful design
- Free drinks, snacks and an xBox with Mortal Kombat X in our office
- Dedicated 10-person team, with regular team events
- Good pay, future equity options, sports and recreation compensation
- You name it — what would you additionally be happy with?
You will be located in:
- Ideally in our HQ at Ülikooli Street in Tartu, Estonia or our branch office in Tallinn
- Startup Visa possibility
- To apply, send us your portfolio link or a few examples of your work, and tell us more about your skills, experience and ambitions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.