Over the past years we've written quite a lot about team meetings. But it wasn't until recently, we really took matters into our own hands and declared a war on inefficient team meetings.
Trying to put a stop to mindless resource wasting, let's take a look back at what we've already covered:
- It all started with the death of the status meeting. Since with the use of Weekdone's employee progress reports, the need to hold weekly update meetings has decreased considerably.
- As a matter of fact, we've tried teamwork without meetings ourselves.
- We can say it from our experience that teamwork without meetings is possible, at least for a short time. Nonetheless, team meetings can be immensely valuable when conducted in a right way. Here's how a team in the Whole Foods Market improved their meetings by using weekly reports.
- Actually, as the Whole Foods Market case study points out, it is possible to save your team meetings with status reports.
- Although meeting practices vary across the globe, there is a similar denominator. No matter where you are located, there's a great risk you might be wasting your time on team meetings.
- In the U.S. office workers spend an average of 4 hours per week in meetings, more than half of that time is wasted. Therefore, employees in the U.S. waste average 2.5 hours a week that costs businesses 37 billion dollars a year.
- In the UK workers waste 2 hours and 39 minutes in meetings every week, and it's costing businesses an estimated 26 billion pounds a year.
- In Australia it is estimated that the employees waste around 2,6 hours a week to unproductive meetings, resulting in a 20 billion dollar loss.
- That's why a lot of big companies have done their best to make meetings suck less.
- We've even piled up a list of rules you should follow for effective team meetings. It's no brain surgery, but I can bet there are few too many criteria that slip your mind.
- Last, but not least, if everything else fails and previous articles don't manage to help improve your team meetings, use these 10 simple tricks to appear smart during meetings. These suggestions we'll definitely do the trick.
Are you ready to jump on board and join the revolution? Join us to declare a war against inefficient team meetings? Take a look at the free Team Meeting Toolbox and you'll find a solution to stop inefficient meetings. Your next team meeting is going to be awesome.